EASY WAY TO GAIN MORE REVIEWS!
HAVE YOU HEARD THAT YOU NEED MORE 5-STAR REVIEWS ON YOUR FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS?
EVER WONDER WHY?
Online customer reviews have consistently been shown to have the most impact on search rankings, especially for local search. A study in collaboration with the University Of California Irvine found that online reviews, or rather the keywords used in them, were the most important factor in local search, particularly with the Google Local Pack and Google Maps. And that means a better click-through-rate and more conversions. Here’s how they work.
How Online Reviews Help Your SEO
1. Set up automation for your existing members to give you reviews. Ask for a review every 90s days and rotate the platforms your asking them to review you on.
- They are a source of fresh and relevant content. You’re well aware that one of the main things a search engine considers is how often you put new content on your site and how relevant it is to the subject. But if you’re not always adding new products or have the time or budget to post regular blog articles, what to do? Why you let your customers do it for you. You can feed online customer reviews to your website, social media sites, and review platforms to generate the fresh and relevant content you need, and you can automate the process by showing that your sites are active and valuable to your clients.
2. If you are not a big blog poster or writer having your members doing the work is key! Social proof will be the most effective form of marketing above everything else!
- Reviews generate SEO attributes for you. You use all the usual tools to boost your search ranking including keywords, internal links, and backlinks. Online reviews put your customers to work building links and writing keywords to enhance your SEO so you don’t have to.
3. Not sure what keywords, metatags, and verbiage to use in your website, blog or social media? Let your clients tell you!
- They help you choose long-tail keywords. Most of your keywords are general search terms that are very competitive. Long-tail keywords are more specific and much less competitive and easier to rank for. Determining which long-tail keywords are effective can be a problem though. Analyzing your online reviews allows you to determine the phrases your customers actually use when talking about you to create better long-tail keywords.
4. Let search engines to the work! The more reviews you have the higher you will show up at the top of searches. More reviews mean it is easier to have people find you!
- Reviews are good for both auto and manual SEO. Search algorithms and spiders aren’t the only things scrutinizing your site and your online reviews. Google uses real people called search quality evaluators, judging things like reputation, expertise, popularity, and honesty, among other things. Positive customer reviews are effective for both rating methods.
5. The more 5-star reviews you have the more likely your prospects are going to click on your site and sign up. It is a FACT!
- They increase click-through rates and conversions. Surveys have shown that the star rating displayed in search results is the first and most important factor that consumers consider when evaluating a business, and one study has shown that a good star rating can boost your click-through rates by as much as 35%. Yet another study by the Spiegel Research Center found that positive reviews can increase conversion rates by 270% on average.
ONLINE CUSTOMER REVIEWS ARE A POWERFUL TOOL TO ENHANCE YOUR SEO EFFORTS AND INCREASE CLICK-THROUGH RATES AND CONVERSIONS, BUT ONLY IF YOU EMPLOY THE RESOURCES TO MAKE EFFECTIVE USE OF THEM.
WAYS TO GET REVIEWS.
1. Set up an automation to ask for a social media review every 90 days.
- Typically you will find that when a member first joins it takes them around 60-90 days to really know whats going on and be willing to write a review. You really want to set up an automated email that has 2 options within the email. The options should be very clear about what you are asking. An example of this could be from the Ultimate question: Would you recommend us to your friends and family? YES or NO Have YES hyperlinked to a social media platform for a review or create a landing page telling them, thank you so much for wanting to recommend you to friends and family. Please click on one of the links below to write a review, it would be greatly appreciated. If they click no have it hyperlinked to a form to give you feedback that you can use to help retain that member and make them raving fans. If your gym management platform can do this schedule a call with me. FitHive can do it!
LEARN MORE ABOUT FITHIVE
2. If your main source of income is not from Drop-In why not ask them for a review instead of the $20?
- We would always let our drop-in know that they could do 1 of a few options when dropping in. $20, buy a t-shirt or give us a 5-star review if they enjoyed their experience. it helped us generate over 121 5 star reviews and tons of social proof. Most of the time they would still buy a shirt and give us the review but because it was a standard "offering" my coaches and managers knew to always ask for the review. A 5-star review is worth so much more than the $20 ever would be.